Kryptor is a simple, modern, and secure file encryption and signing tool for Windows, Linux, and macOS.
For other enquiries, please email me at
samuel at samuellucas dot com.
If you've found the software useful or just approve of the design and goals, please consider donating. As a student, every little helps, and I will be eternally grateful.
It's not attempting to be a complete replacement of GPG. That would lead to similar problems, such as considerable complexity and too much code to single-handedly audit.
- Allow some options to be skipped to shorten commands.
- Encryption and signing support to avoid having to use different tools.
- Support for passphrases, symmetric keys, and asymmetric keys.
- Encryption of multiple files and directories to avoid having to use different tools.
- Optional file name encryption and overwriting of input files.
- Short public keys that can be copied and pasted or shared as files.
- Generate key pairs without having to use a separate keygen program.
- Compatibility with other tools and protocols: you cannot be better by being the same, and compatibility on top of something new just increases complexity. There are limitations with other programs that need to be addressed, which requires breaking changes, such as the lack of authenticated key exchange and key commitment in age.
- Key distribution: just share your public keys on a personal website or social media account. If you only use them to communicate with friends or family members, you can share them via a messaging app like Signal.
- Anything related to email: although you can, of course, attach encrypted files and signature files to emails.
- A GUI and mobile apps: a lot easier said than done. I simply don't have the time.
Huge thanks to everyone in this section!